NIOS On Demand Exam
NIOS Admission for Failed Students
NIOS on Demand Exam 2023
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) conducts On-Demand Examination (ODE) to get Secondary and Senior Secondary. It was started in 2003 with the concept of the flexible time frame and distance learning. This exam helps students to save their year as they can appear for secondary and senior secondary exams when they are prepared.
Students of Bihar who have not cleared 10th or 12th from recognized board can apply for the exam and clear out in the same year through NIOS On Demand Exam 2023. It is an opportunity where candidates can appear for the exam when they are mentally ready for it.
Table of Contents
Details for NIOS on Demand Exam
This exam allows you to apply for the exam throughout the year. It has two streams which are explained as follows:
- Stream 1(Secondary Level): This exam is for the students who appeared for the public exam but could not clear it or one who could not appear for the exam. Students who have cleared 10th but willing to upgrade themselves can also take admission in 1 or up to 4 subjects that can work as an add-on in their grades.
- Stream 2(Senior Secondary Level): Students who have cleared board through recognized board can also take admission in 1 or up to 4 subjects to upgrade their grades. This exam is also for the students who appeared for the public exam but could not clear it or one who could not appear in the exam.
- There will be no exam in April, May, October and November due to the public Board exam.
- NIOS on Demand Exams are conducted throughout the year and students can apply it whenever they are ready for exams.
- Exams are conducted in English and Hindi medium only. But students are allowed to answer the questions in the regional medium also. But candidates will not be provided questions appear in any regional language.
Eligibility Criteria for NIOS on Demand Exam
For 10th class
- Students who are willing to appear for secondary level must be 14 or above.
- One who has studied secondary exams but have not completed or willing to improve performance are eligible for the exam.
- Students who have submitted self-certificate “I have studied enough to be able to pursue secondary course” can also get admission.
For 12th class
- The minimum age of students to apply for senior secondary exam must be 15 or above.
- One who have completed Secondary course from recognized board is only eligible for senior secondary exam.
FAILED in 9th or 11th?
Subjects Offered by NIOS for On Demand Exam
Subjects for NIOS on Demand Exam for Secondary Level Program
Hindi (201), English (202), Sanskrit (209), Mathematics (211), Science & Technology (212), Social Science (213), Economics 214), Business studies (215), Home Science (216), Data Entry Operations (229), Psychology (222), Indian Culture & Heritage (223) & Painting (225).
Subjects for NIOS on Demand Exam for Senior secondary level program
Hindi (301), English (302), Sanskrit (309), Mathematics (311), Physics (312), Chemistry (313), Biology (314), History (315), Geography (316), Political Sc. (317), Economics (318), Business Studies (319), Accountancy (320), Home Science (321), Psychology (328), Sociology (331), Painting (332), Environmental Science (333), Data entry Operations (336) and Introduction to Law (338).
Fee Structure for NIOS On Demand Exam
NIOS on Demand Exam Fee for Secondary Section
- Fees for NIOS on Demand Exam is Rs. 500/- for each subject. It the subject has practical exam students have to pay Rs. 200/- for each practical.
- Exam fees can be paid through credit card, net banking and debit card.
- Other fees might include registration charges, TOC, additional subject fee,etc.
NIOS on Demand Exam Fee for Senior Secondary Section
- Students appearing for NIOS on Demand Exam for Senior Secondary level are required to pay Rs. 500/- + Rs. 200/- extra if the subject includes practical.
- Students can pay fees based on each subject through net banking, credit/debit card.
Failed Students क्या करें ?
NIOS on Demand Exam Registration Process
- First candidate need to visit nios.ac.in and register through OTP on mobile or email.
- The details are to be filled by candidates and have to upload all the required documents.
- Next is to add subjects for which you appeared in board exam and also add subjects for which you need to give exam through NIOS on Demand Exam.
- Students are free to select exam center while appearing for the exam. The availability of seats should be checked for the particular exam center.
- NIOS on Demand Exam Fess must be paid according to subject you have selected to appear in exam.
- Students are free to select date of the exam and it is dependent on their preparation.
- NIOS will avail seats to candidates based on availability. If seats are unavailable for the dates you must change dates to get seats.
NIOS On Demand Exam Admit Card
- Login on the site to download the admit card and hall ticket for the exam.
- It allows you to give exam in the respective center and you contact the board for practical exams.
NIOS Study Center in Bihar
NIOS study center in Bihar and Patna helps you to prepare for respective subjects. At Open Study Center students who can easily clear out NIOS on Demand exams. Question papers of previous years and sample papers would help to prepare according to it.
So, if you have also failed in 10th or 12th or willing to upgrade your marks join Open Study Center and clear out your exams with ease. It would help to save your year and get certificate for respective exams.
Want to Discuss about NIOS Admission?
10th, 12th में फेल / कम अंक वाले छात्र 60 दिन में अच्छे अंक से पास करे।
Results for NIOS On Demand Exam
- The results for the exam is declared through https://results.nios.ac.in/.
- It takes almost 45 days for students to get their result for the appeared exam.
Candidates who have passed the exam will receive mark sheet and other documents.
How TOC can help for NIOS on Demand Exam?
Students who have passed senior secondary or secondary exams in one or two subject but have not cleared completely shall opt for it. This will help you to add the marks in the mark sheet but candidates must have cleared 3 subject on NIOS on Demand Exam.
Students who are not willing to give the exam of same subject again can go for Transfer of Credit option and thus get rid of one or two subjects.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to NIOS on Demand Exam
A: NIOS started the concept of On Demand Exam from secondary and senior secondary level. It gives flexibility to time frame as students can appear for exam when they are actually ready for it. They will give exam when they are prepared mentally prepared for
A: Students who have failed in 10th or 12th can apply for NIOS on Demand Exam. Candidates who have cleared one or two subject in recognized board exam can also apply for this exam. Students who are willing to upgrade their marks or grades are also eligible for NIOS on Demand Exam.
A: There are many study center in different regions where candidates can get enrolled to prepare for the exam like Open Study Centre in Patna, Bihar. NIOS also provides books for secondary and senior secondary classes along with sample papers.
A: The main headquarter for NIOS on Demand exam in in Noida but there are many regional centres in different states. There are many KVs where exams are being conducted
A: Students appeared for Senior secondary exams can go for revaluation and rechecking within 15 days from the date of declaration of result. If candidate opt for rechecking they have to pay Rs. 300 /subject while Rs.1000/subject for revaluation.